Safeguard is hiring a Service Technician who is interested in learning the security industry. You will be teamed with an experienced System Technician. Personal motivation and integrity are key in this position.
Under Direct Supervision
- Know how to maintain a safe work environment
- Basic understanding of Building Construction for wiring pathways
- Ability to safely and properly use powered and non-powered hand tools
- Ability to properly use multimeters, toners, battery testers, and cable fault locators
- Basic understanding of Electrical and Electronic Circuits
- Ability to properly read both wire and electronic component color codes
- Understand the operation of various initiation devices used in Fire and Burglar Alarm systems
- Ability to test and inspect various alarm systems and know when they are functioning properly
- Work effectively with others for signal verification
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- At times the work environment will be hot, dirty, noisy, and confined. You must be able to perform all duties under these conditions
- Must be able to work safely and effectively on ladders up to 25′ tall, man lifts, rooftops, and scaffolding
- Must be able to lift and hold overhead up to 50 lbs
- Must complete and process all paperwork accurately on or before stated dead lines
- Must not leave any system in an unarmed condition at any time unless there is documentation stating otherwise
- Take responsibility for your actions
- Treat everyone with respect, and expect the same from others
- Always present a pleasant attitude to customers
- Teamwork – Be open to new ideas and share your ideas with others
- Be punctual
- Must be self motivated
- Willing to study systems and equipment, sometimes after hours
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or (GED) required. Plus trade school and/or some related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and installation manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small groups situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Work Related Skills and Abilities
Must be computer and software literate. Must have working knowledge of digital meters, oscilloscope, and sound meter. Must be able to handle and set up different size ladders, scaffolding and operate different types of lifts. Must be able to use proper safety equipment for related task and personal protection.
Competencies. Research indicates that a specific group of competencies are required to produce superior performance in most positions. The following competencies were identified as critical to this position:
Self–Management, Interpersonal Skills, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Customer Service, Organizing, and Flexibility.
The physical demands described here are representative: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently to climb ladders, scaffolding, operate lifts, handle twisting and turning under different conditions, attic, crawl spaces etc. The employee is also often required to stand: walk: use hands to finger, handle, and climb or balance, perform manual labor such as digging trenches, running heavy duty power tools and other like tools to perform the required job. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Must be able to handle working in outdoor weather conditions performing manual labor. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Employee must be able to pass drug test, polygraph and some positions require Federal Bureau of Investigations background check. Responsible for maintaining all licenses required by the cities that employee performs work in. Excellent motor vehicle driving record. Continue professional improvement through on-the-job training, individual professional growth, and State required education levels.
Please email or fax your résumé to Morgan Pint at either email@example.com or 480-609-6287.